This blog is now officially into it’s second year of existence, and I thought of celebrating with a series of questions, open for only a day.
Five subjects, five questions, and 24 hours to answer them all!
- General. What is the national aquatic animal of India?
- Entertainment. The goodie bag included the latest Nokia mobile phone, Tag Hauer watches, t-shirts and a letter written personally by Farah Khan, among other things. Who were the recipients, and why were they given this?
- Technology. The new versions of which operating system, released invariably after every six months, are named after animals?
- Business. Which soft drink of today derives its name from whiskey that was illegally produced during the prohibition era in the USA?
- Sports. Who was the sports coach of Sylvester Stallone when he played a footballer in Escape to Victory?
Happy quizzing, and have a nice life, folks!
Five answers, and no all-correct ones, though Mahendra and pritfloyd did come close. Here are the answers.
- Gangetic dolphin. According to the website of the Indian Government, it is just the River dolphin, which most have mentioned. However, look at the scientific name, which specifically mentions the Ganges. Hence, Gangetic dolphin.
- These were the goodie bags given by Shah Rukh to all those 30-31 stars and veterans who appeared in the Deewangi song from Om Shanti Om because they would not accept any money.
- Only pritfloyd got it correct. It’s Ubuntu Linux. Mac OSes do not release new versions exactly after six months.
- Mountain Dew, which was what moonshine whiskey, a bootleg product, was once called.
- Gordon Banks.