Lets try a connection today!
See if you can find the common thread between these three pictures.
1. This is the film Hirak Rajar Deshe.
2. Sorry for the not-so-good resolution of the photograph.
Happy quizzing, and have a nice life, folks!
PS: One more article is already up on my article blog, a few more to come.
PPS: Happy Diwali, Kali Puja, and whatever festival you may, to you!
Just two answers, and both correct! The connect is indeed the Emergency Era!
1. Satyajit Ray’s Hirak Rajar Deshe may be a children’s film up front and the second in the Gupi Bagha trilogy, but it is also a thinly veiled dig at Siddharrtha Shankar Ray, the then chief minister of West Bengal and one of the first people to push Indira Gandhi to get Emrgency declared, and the entire Emergency and its fallouts!
2. Ramnath Goenka’s blank editorial in The Indian Express to protest against the gag order of sorts that had been put on the press during the Emergency era.
3. President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, who actually declared the Emergency.