Wednesday 15 September 2010

QR – Cure – Quizzing Realms – 131

This one is dedicated to my dad. More like a tribute to him for letting me do what I wanted, and standing by me when everyone else had deserted me.

who

The gentleman in the picture was a criminal lawyer for nearly two decades, and later wrote books in his own name as well as pen names such as AA Fair, Kyle Corning, Charles M Green, Carleton Kendrake, Charles J Kenny, Les Tillray and Robert Parr. The lawyer character he created resorted to unethical means in the initial stories to get his clients off the hook. In fact, the fictional character had a close relation with his personal secretary, just as the creator did with his!

Simply identify our author friend.

I would be highly obliged if you did not google this one, and just took guesses. Because this one’s for dad. (Kind of a ‘non sequitur’, I know. after all, what has paying a tribute to do with guessing an answer? Then again, when have emotions been logical?)

Happy quizzing, and have a nice life, folks!

PS: Keep visiting my other blog!

*************************

Yes folks, this is indeed Erle Stanley Gardner, the creator of Perry Mason. Thanks for not googling!

Rajiv, the connection with my father here is that he introduced me to these novels when I was merely in school, and I have never stopped reading bigger and better novels ever since! Besides, Mason was one of my father’s favourite characters!

12 comments:

  1. erle stanley gardener...the one n only!!
    thank u erle fr giving us perry mason

    ReplyDelete
  2. When "lawyer character" is mentioned, the 1st name comes to mind is that of Perry Mason. Bengali writer Narayan Sanyal wrote his "Kaanta Series" inspired by him.

    Sorry, had to google to know the name of the creator (I knew the character, but not the author) & found that yes, he used those pen names.

    What's your Dad's connection to this, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. erle stanley gardner

    Pranjal Kishore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Either James Hadley Chase or Earl Stanley Gardner. Will google both after submitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the book is perry mason, but i can't remember the author, used to read them 4-5 years back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stanley Gardener I guess...


    -Sijut Mehta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perry Mason, Erle Stanley Gardner.

    Girish R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erle Stanley Gardner ... am a huge fan of Perry Mason ...

    ReplyDelete

Post your answers here. Wait for them to be moderated, which will take a day or two to be done.