No questions today, because everything was answered last night. And this photo best describes the moment. The God with one of his most ardent devotees, share the ultimate prize in cricket.
So instead, Here’s some trivia about the WC final that took place, making us the winners once again.
- This is not the first time that a host has one the World Cup. Sri Lanka did it in 1996.
- This was, however, the first ever WC final where both captains were wicket-keepers.
- This was also the first ever All-Asian WC final.
- In fact, this was probably the first WC final that featured two teams from the same continent!
- To the best of my knowledge, this was the first time that a WC was won by hitting a six.
Add to them through your replies, and together we’ll build a veritable treasure trove of information about the final!
Happy trivia-hunting, and have a nice life, folks!
Two concrete additions:
6. This was the first time that a person scoring a 100 in the final ended up on the losing side. This, however, does NOT mean that a hundred has been scored in all the final matches of a cricket world cup.
7. India becomes the first team to win World Cups of limited overs in all three formats: 60 overs, 50 overs and 20 overs!